Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cover Letter Sample for Adjustment of Status

For anyone who needs help with their cover letter for AOS, below is an example of the one we used and how we assembled our package.

If you are putting your packet together, then I would recommend assembling the I-485, I-765, and I-131 with all the supporting documents for each application. Even if they ask for the same things, I would put each application together as if your filing it separate. So in other words, for some items like the I-94 you might print out twice. The only thing I didn't makes doubles for were the passport sized photos(they ask for those in the I-485 and the I-765. You can make doubles if you want to be safe, but I didn't because I know people who didn't submit doubles and it was never a problem.)

Don't forget the G-1145 Notification form! We got a text after 10 days, and got our I-797 NOA some days after in the mail.

Good luck!

------------
Nature of the Submission: I-485 - Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of
Status Application with concurrent I-131, and I-765 filing

To Whom It May Concern:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Enclosed please find my Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status; Form I-765, Application For Employment Authorization; Form I-131, Application for Travel Document; and supporting documents

Contents include:

*I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
• Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
• Payment in the amount of $1010.00 Money Order made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
• Copy of Passport (Biographical page as well as stamps and K-1 Visa)
• Copy of form I-797 Notice of Action (I-129F Approval Notice) and form I-797C, Notice of Action (I-129F Receipt Notice)
• Copy of Form I-94 (Front and Back)
• Copy of International Birth Certificate (With English Translation)
• Copy of Marriage Certificate
• Two(2) Passport Type Photos
• Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet
• Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status (In Sealed Envelope)
• Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet
• I-864 Affidavit of Support
• Federal income tax returns for 2007, 2008, 2009 and W-2 for 2009
• Six most recent pay stubs
• Proof of Military Service
• Copy of Passport Page
*I-765 Application for Employment Document
• Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
• Copy of Form I-94 (Front and Back)
• Copy of Marriage Certificate
*I-131 Application for Travel Document
• Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
• Copy of Passport (Biographical page as well as stamps and K-1 Visa)

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand
that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Sincerely, Larissa Nascimento Rossiter

Signature: ____________________________ Date:__________________________

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this sample letter. This was really helpful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just visited your website and I found it very informative and useful for readers.Thanks for sharing and please keep updating with your views.


    Form i-693 Medical Exam

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE UPLOADS, IT HELPS ME WELL, SINCE I AM NOW COUNTING ON THE CLOK FOR TWO WEEKS, AND WE ARE NOT SURE IF WE MADE THIS WEELL, THERE IS NO COVER PHOTO AS TOLD FROM THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER...THANK YOU SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU SOO MUCH, WE ARE ON THE CLOCK COUNTING THE DEADLINE AND WE ARE NOT SURE IF WE MADE IT RIGHT SINCE THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER DID NOT TELL ANY COVER PAGE...SO THIS IS AWESOME, AND THANKS FOR UPLOADING ALL THE SAMPLES..WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am putting together my aos packet,Been looking for a sample cover letter and found your site .Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete